LEAVE NO TRACE
The outdoors is a special place – especially for those of us that love to walk. As cities grow and pressures mount, this place becomes more important for our physical and mental wellbeing. Let’s keep it special by aiming to Leave No Trace. The Leave
No Trace message is all about helping outdoor enthusiasts to minimise their impact on the environment. Leave no Trace is based on a set of seven core principles:
- Plan ahead and prepare.
- Be considerate of others.
- Respect wildlife and farm animals.
- Travel and camp on durable ground.
- Leave what you find.
- Dispose of waste properly.
- Minimise the effects of fire (walkers should note though that in Ireland, fires are not permitted at all in most areas).
For more information on Leave No Trace Ireland, visit: www.leavenotraceireland.org Permission has been granted for walking access only. Dogs are not permitted on areas of farmland. Practice a Leave No Trace ethic: Make it hard for others to see or hear you and LEAVE NO TRACE.