Distance: 1.9km (1.2 miles)
Walking time : 40min
Distance : 1km (0.6 miles)
Ascent : –
Walking time: 25 min
Distance: 1.2km (0.75 miles)
Walking time: 35min
Distance: 1km (0.6 miles)
Walking time: 30min
OSI Discovery Map Series 69
GRID REFERENCE: T1995456599
SAT NAV: 52.644, -6.228
- The 2.5m high High Cross of Kilbride, the sole reminder of an early Christian church in the area.
- Ballinatray Bridge, once amongst the tallest viaducts in Ireland.
- A majestic cedar of Lebanon on the river bank viewed from the Top Walk
- A yew tree planted in the 1870s, felled many years ago, continues to grow adjacent to the River Walk.
- Late spring’s spectacular white carpet of wild garlic blossom covering the woodland floor, followed by a delicate show of bluebells.
- Courtown Adventure and Leisure Centre – Family-orientated centre with something for every age group: climbing wall, aerial trekking, zip wire, abseiling, quick jump, archery, laser tag, junior gravity, junior playground, 3 pools, 2 slides and gym.
- Seal Rescue Ireland, located on the grounds of Courtown Leisure Centre.
For further details, log into www.courtownadventure.ie